Tales From The Chair - JANUARY 2017

INDIE TO DISCOVER: THE TEDDINGTON CHEESE



In prep for New Years Eve I paid my first ever visit to The Teddington Cheese, a wonderful local, independent cheese store. 

Housed in a quaint little building which used to be a coal house, parallel to the train tracks of Teddington station, they stock over 130 different varieties from all over Britain and Europe.
There's a lot on offer for a place so tiny and the owner was super helpful in assisting with selection, cutting off little tasters to help with the decision making process.

42, Station Road, Teddington TW11 9AA (With a sister store in Richmond)



ALBUM TO HEAR: JUST JOSPEH, TRANSCENDENCE



On the second day of the new year my sister and I took a very chilly but beautiful stroll down on the Southbank after brunch.
We walked for what felt like miles and on our way, as we cut under one of the bridges we approached a busker, I was totally mesmerised by the music he was playing so we stopped to listen.
I just love how London can throw you unexpected discoveries in the unlikeliest of places!
Going by the name Just Joseph, he describes his style as ambient soundscapes to chill out the craziness of the busy city, pitching up in spots around town to create a mood and slow down the pace. 
I bought his album on the spot and you can download it from itunes here.


I found this on You Tube to give you a sample  . .






BOOK TO READ : THRIVE BY ARIANNA HUFFINGTON





In keeping with New Year and all of the hope and resolutions that are made for positive change, I started reading Thrive by Arianna Huffington, a recommendation from a client.

In it she documents the importance of sleep and well being, meditation, switching off from tech and giving to others and how these can all positively effect our lives.

It's a little statistically heavy in parts but I particularly enjoyed the section on sleep and the consequences of not getting enough, definite food for thought and encouragement to break my bad habit of late nights and early rises.

There are also a number of quotes included within the pages and I especially liked this one from the section on Wisdom.




One to remember in respect of living a life without regrets!

PRODUCT TO TRY : BECCA UNDER EYE BRIGHTENING CORRECTOR




This little wonder product (along with my new sleep routine) has been making me appear a lot more fresh faced and bright eyed of late.

Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector is a pinky, pearlised, creamy highlighter that can be patted on to the under eyes and inner corners before concealer.

Great at banishing dark circles or simply to create a beautiful, youthful wide awake effect, this pot will last you a lifetime due to the smallest amount of product required.

£21 | Space Nk


Thanks for dropping by, I hope that you discovered something of interest!

Hx 



No comments:

© The Travelling Stylist. DESIGN BY A.