Tales from the Chair - FEBRUARY 2017

TABLE TO RESERVE : THE IVY SOHO BRASSERIE

image credit theivysohobrasserie.com

We celebrated Valentines early with dinner at the new Ivy Soho Brasserie
Perfect food, well made drinks and a buzzy, upbeat atmosphere with a DJ spinning out a soundtrack to supper, I would definitely recommend this place.
Regardless of the quick succession of new 'Ivy' establishments that have been popping up in almost every neighbourhood recently I think they successfully manage to feel un chain like with each restaurant possessing it's own unique character and decor to match.
Soho, you are my new fave!

The Ivy Soho Brasserie, 26-28 Broadwick Street, London W1F 8JB



PLACE TO DISCOVER: THE SCHOOL OF LIFE

image credit theschooloflife.com
On my way to visit a client a few years ago I walked past The School of Life in Russell Square. 
I often pass by cafes, boutiques, billboards etc when I am on my travels about town and keep a never ending list of anything curious that has caught my eye, to google when I next get a spare 5 minutes.
The School of Life is devoted to developing emotional intelligence with the assistance of culture.
With headquarters based in London, they operate around the globe through a host of channels from classes and therapies to self published books and movies, objects and tools, to help achieve the quest for a more fulfilled life.
A dear friend of mine bought me one of their books as a gift recently which reminded me of their existence, I have since in turn consulted them to buy presents for my friends too.
A gift from The School of Life feels like a very special and personal offering for anyone who appreciates psychology and literature.

The School Of Life, 70 Marchmont Street, Kings Cross, London WC1N 1AB


The Book of Life (an offshoot website) is also well worth a read and covers constantly updated chapters on topics including capitalism, work, relationships, self, culture and curriculum.






HAIR HEROES : MARIA NILA HEAL RANGE

I am big fan of Scandi haircare line Maria Nila and their latest launch - the Heal range is a great addition which I think many of my clients will love.

I would say that the biggest hair concerns I get asked about are dry scalp/dandruff and hair thinning. The Heal range is designed to address both hair and scalp and has some pretty impressive ingredients to tackle some of the most common issues.

For a healthier scalp . . .

Aloe Vera For it's emollient, moisturising, calming and healing properties.
Piroctone Olamine creates a balance in the scalp by preventing the excessive bacteria and fungus that causes dandruff.
Vitamin E An antioxidant that increases the skin's moisture capacity, prevents skin damage and makes skin softer.

For stronger and healthier hair . . . 

Peptides Increase the blood supply to the hair follicles, which stimulates hair growth and improves the quality of the hair shaft.
Reinforces the structure of the hair shaft to better withstand mechanical and thermal stresses such as using a hair dryer, straightner, curling iron or other hot styling tools.
Apignenin & Oleanolic acid Transfer nutrients and active ingredients to the hair follicles.
Reduce the generation of Dihydrotestosteron, a hormone commonly known to cause hair loss.
Accelerate the hair growth and increase the anchoring power by promoting adhesive proteins.

There is a shampoo, conditioner and mask available within the Heal range and like the rest of the Maria Nila products they are all paraben/sulphate free, colour safe and 100% Vegan.

Available at sallyexpress.com in a range of sizes, 

£24.98 for 350ml shampoo and £25.99 for 300ml conditioner.



Thanks for dropping by, I hope that you found something of interest!



H x
















No comments:

© The Travelling Stylist. DESIGN BY A.